Checklist Of Items To Bring With You To Your Consultation – Please Bring Copies Of These Documents, If Applicable
- Certification of Completion of Credit Counseling from a Court approved Credit Counseling organization. Our office will provide you the information on how to obtain the Certificate;
- A complete credit report, bills/statements, or a list of all of your creditors (people and companies you owe money to) with names, account numbers and correspondence/notice addresses. You can obtain a free credit report from www.annualcreditreport.com or we can obtain a Credit Liability & Public Records Search with Credit Score with your permission for a nominal cost;
- Signed copies of your complete federal and state tax returns for the last two (2) years, with all supporting data or your tax transcripts;
- Deeds to all real estate you own;
- Your mortgage pay-off statement/most recent mortgage statement for all real estate (with the balance you owe on the loan);
- Appraisal, Market Analysis or Broker’s Price Opinion showing the value of any real estate you own;
- Foreclosure or Sheriff Sale notices;
- Settlement Statement for property you sold, gave away or transferred within the last eight (8) years;
- Copies of all rental agreements;
- Your vehicle payment statement(s) or booklet(s) showing the payoff balance for all leased or financed vehicles;
- A statement of the value of your pension(s)/retirement plan(s) (i.e. 401k, 403b, IRA etc);
- A statement of the value of your life insurance policies and declarations page;
- The last six (6) months of bank statements for all of your current bank accounts and the last statement for any closed bank accounts within the last two (2) years;
- All pay advices (i.e. pay-stubs, unemployment, social security, alimony/child support, etc.) for the last six (6) months;
- All lawsuit/legal proceeding information or claims for bodily injury (i.e. court papers and your attorney information) for any lawsuits that you have been involved in during the last two (2) years;
- Divorce Judgments, Property Settlement Agreements and Separation Agreements and proof of the payment of the last six (6) months of child support or alimony;
- Prior Bankruptcy information (Discharge/Dismissal Order and Schedules);
- Copies of all personal guarantees and notes you signed as a principal, endorser or co-maker;
- Businesses Only: Business tax returns and business bank statements for the last three (3) years, most recent profit and loss statement, business license and proof of insurance.
You will be receiving a free no obligation consultation. As with all communications between you and our office, the information you supply is absolutely confidential. Never keep information from us because you are afraid or embarrassed. If you are in doubt whether something should be included, include it. There are no penalties for including a debt that you are not responsible for; there are penalties for failing to list debts, assets or something else that should have been included.
View this checklist as your second step toward financial recovery. The first step was recognizing that there was a problem and contacting us. We look forward to meeting you.
Please understand that we do not, by forwarding this Checklist, represent you. We will not take any steps to protect your interests, such as filing a Petition with the U.S. Bankruptcy Court, unless and until a retainer agreement formally hiring us as your attorneys is signed by you and the fees and costs called for have been paid and credited.