Facebook Call Now

Can I Afford To File Bankruptcy?

Can I Afford To File Bankruptcy?

Many people put off filing bankruptcy because they think they can’t afford it. In reality, if you are making minimum payments on credit cards just to kick the can down the road, you are probably spending good money after bad. Bankruptcy is not only affordable, but it can save you thousands of dollars.

I am Birmingham, Alabama bankruptcy attorney Brent W. Davis. I dedicate my entire practice to helping people seek debt relief through Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 filings. With more than 20 years of experience practicing exclusively in the area of bankruptcy law, I am in a strong position to help determine if you can afford to file bankruptcy.

What Does Bankruptcy Cost in Alabama?

The cost of bankruptcy can vary depending on your situation and the type of bankruptcy you choose. The filing fee for a bankruptcy in 2012 is $306 for a Chapter 7 and $281 for a Chapter 13. In addition to the filing fee, you will also need to pay a reasonable flat fee for an attorney. If you are struggling to make ends meet, that may seem like a lot of money. However, if you compare the cost of bankruptcy to the alternative, it is one of the best deals available to the American consumer.

Suppose you have about $20,000 in credit card debt and you are making minimum payments on each card. In a few months, you could easily spend more than the cost of a bankruptcy — and still be in debt. If you spend that money on filing bankruptcy, you wipe out all of your credit card debt and get a fresh financial start.

Schedule a Free Initial Consultation With a Birmingham Bankruptcy Lawyer

To learn more about the cost of bankruptcy, call me, Birmingham bankruptcy lawyer Brent W. Davis for a free initial consultation. My regular business hours are 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Friday, and free parking is available. You can reach me by phone at (205) 989-1919 or via e-mail.

We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.

Talk to a Lawyer (Not an Assistant) Today!